These Eggless Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins are moist, fluffy, and absolutely delicious! This simple no-fail recipe bakes perfectly each time and you will definitely not miss the eggs!
These chocolate muffins taste so moist and delicious that you won't even realize they're missing eggs! There's nothing better than a soft moist double chocolate muffin to satisfy my chocolate cravings every once in a while! On top of all, this recipe is simple, quick, and bakes perfectly each time. This recipe yields 8 - 10 medium-sized muffins 🙂
What do you need to make Eggless Double Chocolate Muffins?
For these no-egg muffins, you will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil)
- Greek yogurt (I use plain, low-fat Greek yogurt)
- Granulated sugar
- Milk (I use semi-skimmed milk)
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
How to make Eggless Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins
Preheat the oven to 190°C (or 375F). Line a muffin tray (of 8 - 10 muffins) with muffin cases or use silicone muffin molds (no greasing needed).
Mix the sugar and vegetable oil in an electric mixer. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and Greek yogurt, and mix well. Then, add the sifted dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. I prefer to use a spatula for this step so as not to overmix the batter.
Add sifted cocoa powder to the mixture, and mix to combine. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips into the batter. Divide the muffin batter between 8-10 muffin molds or cases. Fill them up all the way to the top. The batter is quite thick you may want to use a spatula to level the batter for each muffin 🙂
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in they muffin tray or molds for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish off cooling.
Storing the Muffins
These muffins can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you've tried these Eggless Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes! Check out my other eggless muffin recipes: Eggless Vanilla Sprinkles Greek Yogurt Muffins and Eggless Banana and Cinnamon Muffins.
Eggless Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 180 g all-purpose flour 1 ½ cup
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 170 g low-fat greek yogurt about ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- 50 g cocoa powder ½ cup
- 100 g granulated sugar ½ cup
- 80 mL vegetable oil about ¼ cup
- 80 mL semi-skimmed milk about ¼ cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 30 g chocolate chips about ⅛ cup + 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375F). Line a muffin tray (8-10 muffins) with muffin cases or prepare silicone muffin molds.
- Place sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl of an electric mixer fixed with the paddle attachment and mix for 1 minute on medium speed. Add milk, vanilla extract, and greek yogurt and mix for another minute.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda to wet ingredients and mix using a spatula until just incorporated.
- Add sifted cocoa powder and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between 8-10 muffin molds or muffin cases (fill all the way to the top and level batter with a spatula).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in tray/ molds for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.