These super crispy chocolate hazelnut crinkle cookie featuring the classic combination of hazelnut and chocolate and topped with powdered sugar are a true tea or coffee break treat and simply irresistible during the festive season!
These crunchy chocolate and hazelnut crinkle cookies are an absolute delight and so fun to make! They are the perfect accompaniments to a warm cup of tea or coffee or as holiday treats! Made with melted dark chocolate, chopped hazelnuts, and a handful of other pantry ingredients, these crinkle cookies are easy and irresistible. Mixing the ingredients for the cookie dough is quick and simple, however they also require a few hours of resting time, making these cookies the perfect make-ahead treat.
Ingredients for Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
For this recipe, you will need to following ingredients:
- Dark Chocolate (melted)
- Brown Sugar
- All-purpose Flour
- Roasted Hazelnuts (chopped)
- Baking Powder
- Softened Butter
- Semi-Skimmed Milk
- Powdered Sugar
How to make Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
These irresistible cookies can be made in a few easy steps.
Start by mixing the brown sugar and softened butter together to from a creamy mixture. Then, add the milk, egg, and melted dark chocolate. Finally, add the sifted flour and baking powder and a solid dough will form. Add the chopped hazelnuts, knead the dough for a couple of minutes, wrap it up in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours (up to overnight). The dough will solidify further as it cools.
When the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 180 °C (360F), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take one spoonful of dough, roll this into a ball, roll it into powdered sugar, and place it on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Repeat for the rest of the dough, leaving a ½ inch space between each dough ball. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Dust with more powdered sugar before serving. This recipe yields 20-25 cookies.
These cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you've tried these Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to rate the recipe! Also, don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram to stay updated with any new recipes! Check out my Fruit and Nut White Chocolate Bark recipe for more holiday treat ideas!
Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
- 180 g all-purpose flour 1 ½ cup
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 50 g dark chocolate melted (⅓ cup) (see notes)
- 100 g brown sugar ½ cup
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter approximately ¼ cup, softened
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts ⅓ cup, chopped (see notes)
- 50 mL semi-skimmed milk ⅕ cup
- 50 g powdered sugar ½ cup
- Place softened butter and brown sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer fixed with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until mixture becomes creamy.
- Add milk, egg, and melted dark chocolate and mix for another 30 seconds on medium speed to combine.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Fold in chopped hazelnuts, and using your hands, knead the dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Place dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360F).
- Take one spoonful of dough and roll into a small ball. Roll into icing sugar and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving a ½ inch space between each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack for 10-15 minutes until completely cooled down. Sprinkle powdered sugar as desired.